Information manipulation in Russia’s war of aggression against Ukraine: EU lists seven individuals and five entities
The EU Council decided to impose restrictive measures against seven Russian individuals and five entities responsible for conducting a digital information manipulation campaign called 'RRN' (Recent Reliable News), aimed at distorting information and disseminating propaganda in support of Russia’s war of aggression against Ukraine.
This campaign, to which government bodies or bodies affiliated to the Russian State have participated, relies on fake web pages usurping the identity of national media outlets and government websites, as well as fake accounts on social media.
The following persons and entities are added to the list of natural and legal persons, entities and bodies set out in Annex I to Regulation (EU) No 269/2014:
- Timofey Vladimirovitch VASSILIEV
- Ilya Andreïevitch GAMBACHIDZE
- Aleksandr Gennad’yevich STARUNSKY
- Anastasia Sergeevna KIRILLOVA
- Nina Viktorovna DOROKHOVA
- Sergey Yurievich PANTELEYEV
- Denis Valerievich TYURIN
- Social Design Agency
- Structura National Technologies
- ANO Dialog
- Inforos OOO IA
- Institute of the Russian Diaspora