Demetris is a partner at KPMG in Cyprus since 1991.
After completing his university degree at the University of Manchester in 1984 (BSc Computer Science & Accounting – Joint Honours), he joined Touche Ross & Co in London, where he qualified in 1987.
He moved to Cyprus in 1987, joining Metaxas Loizides Syrimis & Co, now KPMG Limited.
He served initially in the Audit function, and, after becoming a partner, he undertook responsibilities as head of Consulting for Financial Advisory, Information Technology and then for Risk Advisory and for Internal Audit services.
For 25 years he was also responsible for Technology for KPMG in Cyprus.
Currently he is the lead partner for a portfolio of clients which includes public interest entities and other regulated as well as private groups, in a wide spectrum of industries (primarily Hospitality, Insurance, Food and Drink, Distribution, Manufacturing, Financial Services, Professional Services).
Also, he is KPMG Cyprus’ Head of Markets, responsible for Marketing and business development support.
He currently serves in the following positions:
- Member of the Board and of the Executive Committee of KPMG in Cyprus
- President of the Board of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Cyprus
- Vice-President of the Board of the Employers and Industrialists Federation of Cyprus and member of its Executive Committee
- President of the Cyprus-Hungary Business Association
- Member of the Cyprus Institute of Internal Auditors of Cyprus.
He also served as President of the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Cyprus during the period 2015 – 2017.
Past appointments included being member of the Board of two public sector organisations:
- The Research & Innovation Foundation
- The Cyprus State Fairs Authority.
Demetris is married and has three children.